This Low-Carb Stuffed Crust Pizza is keto-friendly and packed full of cheesy goodness!
Football season is almost over and sadly our Broncos are done for the year. (They gave it a great effort!) But there’s still one more Big Game left this season! With the Broncos out, I’m definitely looking forward to the food more than anything this year. To help you plan your own killer party, I’ve teamed up with my football blogger friends in one final collaboration and we are bringing you some brilliant Big Game recipe ideas. We’ve made appetizers, entrees, desserts and even drinks. Prepare to be inspired, and be sure to check out their links below the recipe!
Note: This post is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by the National Football League (NFL) or any of its teams. All opinions and views expressed on our blogs are our own, not that of the NFL and/or any of its 32 teams. Any team names, logos or other symbols referenced are properties of their respective organizations. We are just big fans — and we want to share our love for our teams, the game and the food that brings us all together on game day.
I know it was a bit quiet around here for the holidays. I decided to take an unexpected break to rest and spend more time with family and it was so wonderful. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve already seen the announcement, but after 4+ years of infertility, we’re thrilled to share that we’re pregnant and expecting baby Powers in July! I got my ultimate keto non-scale victory! WooHoo! I may start posting about it on the blog here or I might not. I haven’t decided yet. Would y’all enjoy baby bump update posts?
Anyways, you’re here for this low-carb stuffed crust pizza right? Look at all that melty cheese! My favorite thing about being on a keto diet is that cheese is super low carb. So you bet I am going to pack it in! (Baby Powers is currently at least 25% made from cheese.) This pizza is definitely very filling and Hubby and I were each pretty full after about 1 slice, so plan accordingly. Leftovers were just as great the next day! (Though if you pull this out at a football party, you bet it will be gone!) The quantities here make a large pizza, but it would be just fine reduced in half if you want a solo pie.
The magic behind this low-carb dough is the mozzarella cheese. Since there’s no gluten to hold the dough together, the cheese and egg combine to form the dough-like bond we all know and love. It doesn’t taste exactly like my favorite gluten-full pizza dough, but it definitely is delicious and doesn’t scream “gluten-free!!” like some of the GF crusts I’ve tried over the years. I hope you enjoy this pizza as much as we did!
- 340g (or 12 oz / 3.5 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 170g (or 6 oz / 1.5 cups) finely milled almond flour (I like Blue Diamond brand)
- 4 tbs cream cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 7-8 sticks string cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara or pizza sauce (look for no sugar added)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Your favorite toppings (we like pepperoni and black olive)
- Preheat oven to 450f.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine mozzarella, almond flour, cream cheese, and salt.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir with a butter knife, then microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until cheese has fully melted. (It should be pretty easy to stir at that point.)
- Once cheese has melted, stir in eggs until thoroughly combined. (Mixture can be returned to the microwave in 30 second bursts if it cools down too quickly.)
- Place dough on parchment paper and roll out into a large circle about 1/4" thick.
- Unwrap and lay out string cheese forming a circle about 2 inches in from the outer edge.
- Gently pull outer crust up and over the string cheese to fully enclose and pinch firmly to seal dough.
- Bake dough (on the parchment) for 6 minutes on a pizza stone or pizza pan.
- Remove from oven, top crust as desired, and return to oven for another 6 minutes or until toppings are hot and cheese has melted.
- Macros per slice with just sauce and cheese: Calories: 314 Fat: 24g, Net Carbs: 4g (5g carbs-1g fiber), Protein: 21g. (Actual macros will vary depending on ingredients used.)
- I love to rub the crust with a bit of butter and sprinkle on some garlic salt while it's still hot for an extra kick.
- Gluten-free: This is gluten-free.
- Vegetarian: This is vegetarian.
Classic Potato Salad by Celebrating Family
Chili Cheese Burritos by Love Bakes Good Cakes
Fruit Spring Rolls with Key Lime Cheesecake Dip by Body Rebooted
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders by Dash of Herbs
Mediterranean Seven Layer Dip by The Culinary Compass
Chicks in a Blanket with Apricot Sauce by Mom’s Messy Miracles
Jalapeno Pale Ale Chili by Beer Girl Cooks
Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread by The Life Jolie
Sausage Pepperoni Pizza Dip by Feast + West
Baked Southwestern Egg Rolls by Family Food on the Table
Mini Bacon Ranch Cheese Balls by Honey & Birch
Cookie Dough Cheese Ball by Bread Booze Bacon
Hawaiian Pizza Jalapeno Poppers by Love & Flour
Meatloaf Sliders by Foodtastic Mom
Wonton Taco Cups by A Mind Full Mom
Pancetta and Smoked Mozzarella Arancini by The Secret Ingredient Is
Bean and Cheese Taco Bites by The BakerMama
Monte Cristo Poppers by See Aimee Cook
Chile Beer Sangria by Cake ‘n Knife
Low Carb Stuffed Crust Pizza by Sustaining the Powers
Puff Pastry Pizza Bites by The Mexitalian
No Churn Pistachio Baklava Ice Cream by Club Narwhal
Roasted Jalapeno Poppers by Off the Eaten Path
Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese by Hello Little Home
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Wings by Around My Family Table
Gluten Free Bread Sticks by What A Girl Eats
Cheesy Beef Dip by Polka Dotted Blue Jay
Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs by The Crumby Cupcake
Greek Meatballs by Two Places at Once
Baked Taco Empanadas by Simplify, Live, Love
Cheese Sticks by Coffee Love Travel
Bacon Wrapped Blue Cheese Meatballs by West via Midwest
Puff Pastry Bacon Pizza Twists by 2 Cookin Mamas
Skillet Chicken Queso Dip by foodbyjonister
Spicy Sausage Rolls by Peanut Blossom
Protein Dark Chocolate Truffles by The Creative Bite
Chickpea Pepper Cheese Poppers by Bucket List Tummy
Maple Cranberry Apple Sangria by Order in the Kitchen
Meyer Lemon Shandies by The Speckled Palate
Game Day Fried Deviled Eggs with Chow Chow Relish by For the Love of Food
Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls by Simple and Savory
Pastrami Nachos by A Little Gathering
Shrimp Ceviche Dip by Glisten and Grace
Football Bourbon Balls + Boozy Lemonade by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Apple Cider Mimosas With A Sparkly Sugar Rim by And She Cooks
Pulled Pork Stuffed Corn Dogs by Nik Snacks
Easy Pepperoni Rolls by Me and My Pink Mixer
Real Boneless Chicken Wings by Macheesmo
Califlower Tater Tots by Living Well Kitchen
Cheeseburger Naan Pizza by Shaws Simple Swaps
Red Velvet Ginger Rum Balls by Cafe Terra
Crab Rangoon by Brunch-n-Bites
Sweet n’ Spicy BBQ Popcorn by Life’s Ambrosia
Buffalo Chicken Rolls by Loves Food, Loves to Eat
Crowd Pleasing Steak Fajita Dip by Lizzy is Dizzy
Sriracha Hummus Pinwheel Sandwiches by Casa de Crews
Simlple Meatball Sub Sliders by Loaves & Dishes
Maple-Mustard Bacon Chicken Bites by An Oregon Cottage
Soft Pretzels with Beer Cheese & Honey Mustard Dipping Sauces by A Simpler Grace
Ricotta Stuffed Sausage Meatballs by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen